How to build your email marketing – 12 easy steps
Today’s customers however are increasingly aware of privacy issues and find unwanted, commercial emails extremely annoying. For this reason, they won’t hesitate to hit the spam button upon receiving random email communications. Spam complaints can have some serious consequences for your business. Receiving too many of those will lead to a damaged reputation as a sender, with your emails being filtered and therefore never reaching recipients.
Avoiding the dreaded ‘spam label’ means that businesses should aim to grow their email list organically. And yes, it may be a rather lengthy process, but it really is the only way to effectively build an engaged subscriber-ship and build your email marketing list.
Here are 12 steps to help build your email marketing list in an organic way:
1. Place the ‘sign-up’ call to action in a visible spot on your website.
2. Don’t simply say ‘sign-up to our newsletter’. Instead give them a clear reason to want to hear from you.
3. Keep it short and sweet- busy online users won’t bother with lengthily subscription forms.
4. Embed your newsletter sign-up form on your Facebook page and encourage subscriptions through Twitter/Linkedin posts.
5. Add visible “call to actions” for subscriptions within your blog so interested readers can hear from you again.
7. Use your site transactions i.e. enquires, purchases or downloads to attract opt-ins, by making an email address a mandatory component you can add it to your email list.
8. Collect contact details during events and trade shows using ipad apps, this is the key to build your email marketing list. Remember to follow up with a welcome email that confirms opt-ins.
9. Use online competitions to obtain email addresses from all entrants
10. Host an on-line webinar and collect email subscriptions from all participants upon registration.
11. Ensure outstanding quality of your email content. Only relevant, compelling messages that resonates with your audience will make people stay subscribed to your communications.
12. Avoid renting or purchasing a “ready list” from marketing companies. Good lists for sale simply don’t ex Build your email marketing list based on real relationships with your audience.
Want to receive posts from Beyond Social Buzz as soon as they are published? Sign up here.